[DeTomaso] Gauge face plate for 2 5/8 ths gauges

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:22:52 EST 2009

I was going to finalize the deal for new MSD lazer gauges that  ken green
found for sale at a big discount and I was wondering how I might install
them without screwing up the look of the car. I was thinking of fabricating
a new gauge faceplate to install the 2 5/8 th's " gauges. These are the MSD
lazer gauges that are programmable, and have touch screen faces they are
supposed to be extremely accurate and they look very cool .1 combo amps/
volts dual sweep , 2. water temp, 3. Oil pressure, 4.  Programmable fuel
level and Possibly 5. fuel / air ( if I can't fit this on the panel I was
thinking of on the dash on the horizontal strip to the right of the tach.. I
was going to make more room on the faceplate by eliminating the switches I
no longer use. I only use 1. headlights, 2. Windows, 3.heater fan. I don't
use1 . courtesy lamp, 2. manual fan, 3. extra switch. Any thoughts or ideas
? or has anyone made the transition to larger gauges?
Boyd