[DeTomaso] tire pressure help needed-Jim brings up a GOOD point

Kerry Maguire kmaguire at landrovermiramar.com
Tue Feb 10 13:14:59 EST 2009

My mid engine Boxster S required approximately 5 lbs. more pressure on
the rear tires.

I cannot understand what the DeTomaso logic is for putting more pressure
in the front tires vs. the rear since the car is also mid engine.

I had 911 SC's in years past, but I do not remember what the recommended
tire pressures were, but I am sure they were biased to having more air
in the rear tires. However, since that is a rear engine car, higher tire
pressures would be expected in the rear tires.

Regards,

Kerry M. Maguire