[DeTomaso] A new engine in my future?

Lee, Patrick Q patrick.q.lee at rbc.com
Fri Aug 28 12:33:12 EDT 2009

Re Phoenix Engine Builders and Muscle Car.
Sorry Boyd, but you are wrong. Probably honest mistake.
Tuff Dawg is owned by Darl Mumbai. The other 2 shops are owned by Ralph
DiRocco.
The shops are in 2 completely different parts of Phoenix. I know because
I spent a couple of hours driving around Glendale to find the
Tuff Dawg shop this spring when I was there. It looks no different than
a zillion other engine shops that I have seen.
My stroker was delivered on time as promised, runs well except for a
small oil drop and is so much faster than my 351 4v that it is not even
worth discussing. I am running 393 ci with 11.5 compression through
ported alloy heads and 12 degrees of initial, all in 38 degrees at 3000
rpm,
with a Crane solid lifter flat tappet cam and oiling mods.
If I had to do over, I might go local as some of the boys say, but it is
no guarantee either as I have seen many disputes with local race
engines.
It is the nature of the beast when you diverge from a stock engine.

This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not waive any related rights and obligations.
Any distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.
If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courrier électronique est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent.
Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite.
Si vous recevez ce courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de courrier électronique ou par un autre moyen.