[DeTomaso] Question on Throttle Cable /Springs on Carb

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:11:33 EDT 2009

I switched to a smaller carburetor and my previous carburetor had a throttle cable inside a spring.  By this I mean there is no separate safety spring but the throttle cable in the spring assembly pushes back towards the rear of the car at rest.

On the directions and other Panteras I have seen the cable to the carb is a simple cable and they have an apparatus or method of making/converting a safety spring.

Does anyone know if the Pantera is suppossed to have only this cable inside a spring and no other springs?
If not does anyone have an easy fix or pics?

I removed an 800 cfm Holley 4150 series and put on a new Edelbrock 650cfm.

Thanks
Clay