[DeTomaso] Blaster update-:)

panteratime at aol.com panteratime at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 18:29:54 EDT 2009

Folks,
Well?I found some time today to? install the Blaster 2.?? Here are some highlites? :)
Original coil is shorter than Blaster and wider
Coil mounting strap was too large in diameter to mount the Blaster-Quick run to store to fine an MSD coil mounting bracket
MSD mount is different configuration so I had to bend flanges over each other to make it fit.?
Ran to store to get a newer looking mounting bolt--6mm x20mm fine thread---3 stores later found one.? ugh
Crimped new?eye terminals on original wires?for batt and dist wire.?There were none just wire wrapped around screw posts.??
Main ignition cable from disty to coil doesnt "click" into coil like it did on original--Nice snug fit.? Wire now feels like it just sits in there and not tight.?

Only possible error was tightening?coil in mounting bracket--Blaster 2 received a slight dent from over tighting strap. :(

Bottom line---I should have left well enough alone!!??
?