[DeTomaso] cooler air to carb

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sat Oct 11 16:15:39 EDT 2008

That is about the same as what I been doing checking air pressure under the
car
measuring groundforce. What one need is a pitot tube that create a balance
ambient air pressure leading in to a closed can with water. Then a hose
leading to
the spot of measurment. As for air temperature using a roof scoop it is very
easy for me to check it out since I have my air temp sensor for the
injection
in the lexan air box. What I know right now is that the intake air temp is
less than
if picking air from the engine compartment.
Goran

Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] cooler air to carb

I think that is accurate, but I'm not sure what affect the motion of the car
has on air pressure within the boundry layer. It would be interesting if
someone could put pressure sensors in their air cleaner and see how the
pressure changes as a function of speed for different air sources, scoops,
etc. Seems like an easy experiment. Goran???

Ken