[DeTomaso] Oil pan gasket recommendation?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 14:41:23 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/1/08 11 30 29, thomas at hax.se writes:

> Have you checked that it is not the two lower center waterpump bolts
> that leaks? These bolts protrudes into the cam drive area and they
> need sealant on the threads to avoid oil leaks.

I haven't checked anything except the oil pan bolts, actually.   My plan was
to thoroughly clean it, then run the motor for awhile with the car on my lift,
and see if I can spot where the oil is coming from.

That may be a brilliant suggestion however.   I have a flat firewall kit in
my car, and I installed Dennis Quella's water belt idler pulley.   The mounting
bracket utilizes at least one of the lower water pump bolts, and I know that
I didn't take any special care to seal it; I just removed it, installed the
bracket and reinstalled the bolt.

I will definitely give that a look.   THANKS!