[DeTomaso] Oil pan gasket recommendation?

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Wed Oct 1 17:01:45 EDT 2008

Mike
I think Larry may be right on with his suggestion. If there is no leak
except at high RPM, that's a very strong indication that no matter where the
leak is, excess crankcase pressure is likely causing it. I suspect the
factory PCV system is totally inadequate for sutained very high revs. You
might try the same run with extra NASCAR or circle track type breathers to
see if the problem is solved.The other issue is making sure that the
crankcase can breathe to the valve covers (if that's where the extra
breathers are). If the heads and drainbacks are all flooded with oil so that
can't take place, you will have to remedy it first - or put a breather
directly to the crankcase by some other route to stop the leak. MD must have
dealt with this issue a long time ago.

Dawg? What say you?

Barry

[DeTomaso] Oil pan gasket recommendation?
Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Wed Oct 1 12:54:55 CDT 2008

Hi Mike,

You may want to check you venting / PCV system. At high RPM the blow-by is
at its highest. I have seen crank cases pressurized and blow oil out a
normally good seal. If your heads are full of oil the venting system may not
be working to well.

Larry (no, tarter sause) - Cleveland