[DeTomaso] Replacement Headers

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Sun Nov 9 05:14:18 EST 2008

Cant tell the size of collector influence but I do remember the
bottle neck design. I have been welding on better collectors
a coupple times but this was as much due to getting a normal
3 bolt flange. Today I should weld on a nice merge type collector
on these headers.
To bad that the Super Trapp dosent look very great becouse they
really got some great features. VERY light, which makes the
system to last without shaking loose. Great power without their
diffusers.
I dont mind some power loss if using diffusers, around town, where
quiteness is important, I got enough power anyway.

I think it would be a future for a special design Pantera muffler that
has the exact Ansa tailpipe look but that is using the space of the
"cutout" in the car to its limit, to get the moost dampening volume
possible. Also, an intelligent inside construction regardless of cost
or fabrication issues. And off course, LIGHT.

Muffler is an very important item, and for a car such as the Pantera
where the car itself is such big limitation for silencer design, there is
no room for any shortcut ways of design.
On top of this, we need the very best exhaust note...
Goran

I believe the big bores also suffered from a very large neck down at the
collector.

Cut that off and re-weld was the common solution.

Chuck