[DeTomaso] Wildly moving oil pressure

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Nov 8 21:10:42 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/8/08 6:07:02 PM, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> Anybody else have a stock oil pressure gauge that bounces from 0 to 50 psi
> plus at will.  Let off the gas runs to 70. On gas hard drops to 0.  Car runs
> great.  So bad sending unit?  Bad gauge?  I think I will install a second
> one. The kind with the line.  Any feedback.

I have the same problem on my car.   I replaced a perfectly good oil pressure
sender with another one, at the coaxing of another guy on the forum who shall
remain nameless. :>)

Ever since, my oil pressure readings have been fine below 3000 rpm, but as
rpm increases, oil pressure decreases.   As soon as you let off the gas, it pops
right back to an honest 70 psi.

Fortunately I kept my original sender, and I plan to swap it back soon.

I calibrated my gauge with that sender, and a mechanical oil pressure gauge
(using a T-fitting), and they were both identical throughout the rpm range....