[DeTomaso] Paint job cost

Perry Lindsey nckzck at yahoo.com
Sun May 4 22:58:18 EDT 2008

David,

  What part of the country do you live in? That is a huge determining factor as to price. In California, prices for a windows out, media blasted paint job can easily run $10-15K , while next door in Arizona, prices are generally $2-4K less. I have heard of very nice paint work in the South and Mid-West costing $6-8K.

  Unless you are Paul Rimov or Weldon Brown (amongst a cast of capable others), and are willing to tackle the job yourself, it is not a inexpensive proposition.

      Best Regards,

                Perry Lindsey (saving pennies for paint work someday too)!

David Gordon <dgordon100 at cox.net> wrote:
  I'm thinking of having my car stripped to bare metal using blasting and
then repainted both done professionally. Provided there is no major
rust or body work needed and I want a street use paint job, what kind of
dollars should I ballpark? I realize that there are no way until the
paint is stripped to know how much body work it will take. Just looking
to get a figure of what kind of money I am looking at.

Thanks, David