[DeTomaso] Scary sound from the 351...

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Sat May 3 10:57:49 EDT 2008

Henrik,

Remove the valve covers and look for any loose parts. That's pretty much what you can do without digging into the engine for real. Is it possible that the fuel pump is making the noise? I've also heard of the harmonic balancer moving around leading to contact between the back of the balancer outer ring and the engine.

Tomas