[DeTomaso] smokin Pantera

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 13:26:26 EDT 2008

Check out
_http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/BATTERY%20CHARGING%20SYSTEM%20(PAGE%201).pdf_
(http://www.panteraplace.com/Electrical/BATTERY%20CHARGING%20SYSTEM%20(PAGE%201).pdf) .  The diagram is shown with the key on and the
engine not running. Power comes  thru the key, through the GEN light, thru Relay
1, thru the alternator field  coil to ground. The GEN light will be on and the
field coil will be energized so  battery charging charging can begin.

If all the connections between the regulator and the  alternator are open, it
is possible that the GEN light could be on due to  current thrugh the bottom
resistor just to the left of Relay 1 on the  diagram.

If the GEN is on, and you don't want it on, and you don't want to  fuss with
connectors/pigtails, just pull the connector off the OEM voltage  regulator.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 3/26/2008 10:11:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, MikeLDrew