[DeTomaso] smokin Pantera

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Mar 26 13:11:50 EDT 2008

In a message dated 3/26/08 10 06 11, SOBill at aol.com writes:

> Since the wiring from the OEM voltage regulator to  the OEM alternator is
> not
> connected to the one wire new alternator,  there is no ground path for the
> GEN light to illuminate.

Interesting.   My distinct rememberance from Dennis Quella's one-wire
alternator instructions is that the bulb must be removed from the GEN light when you
install it, or the light will remain lit all the time.

With my almost complete ignorance of electricity, I thought that when the key
was on and the engine not running, current flowed in one direction and
illuminated the light, but when the engine was started and the alternator started
charging, *something* changed and the light was extinguished.   That's how it
alerts you to failure--when the alternator conks out with the key on, the light
comes on.