[DeTomaso] Crank bearing problem. Windsor engine problem

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Thu Mar 6 16:22:56 EST 2008

Dang it!

A long story short I had to pull my 331 Windsor to install a new cam, springs and rockers and to have the engine looked at as I found some very fine metal particles in the oil filter and on the oil plug when I changed the oil after the break in, I  just got a call from the engine shop and said the metal particles I found in the oil filter and on the oil plug were from the crank bearings and the engine is going to have to come apart, again after only about 20 miles. He said the input shaft on the transaxle is pushing the crank forward or the pressure plate is exerting too much pressure on the flywheel. I looked at the snout on the input shaft and it does not look like it is polished or touching anything. I told them to look at the pilot bearing for any unusual wear and get back to me. I adjusted to clutch (long throw) and it seemed to engage and disengage just as normal. I used the same Pantera specific Centerforce clutch, flywheel and block off plate from my Cleveland for the new engine

 Now what?

Paul