[DeTomaso] Direct Floor Mounting of Driver's Seat

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Wed Mar 5 10:59:36 EST 2008

Scott,
     My seat is mounted directly to the floor.  I like having the seat
rocked back a fair amount which means the bolts are not vertical but also
angled back.  This meant the holes in the floor had to move forward a bit
from where they would be if the seat was sitting flat.  Point is,  get your
seat at the angle you want before drilling the holes.  On a side note,  I
have dropped floor pans.  If I had it to do over again,  I would have just
made the three cuts in the floor pan and lowered the back portion for the
seat to set in.  The way it is now,  I have two inch spacers under the front
of my seat,  so it looks like the dropped floor pans were a lot of
unnecessary work and expense.

Art