[DeTomaso] Direct Floor Mounting of Driver's Seat

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Wed Mar 5 05:39:15 EST 2008

I hav been mounting a number of seats, and is right now using sliding rails
to be able to
push the set forward. I loosened the uppholstery on the sides and adjusted
the frame
of the seat so that the rails become almost in the same level as the
underside of the seat.
This is possible for moost steel structure seats. Then one keep the acces to
easy removal
of the fire wall.
On other seats I lowered the seat uppholsery itself with good results. Many
aftermarket
seats, not to mention Recaro, is has beefy seat uppholstery.
Anyway, you can take four bolts, cut the head away and file the end sharp.
Screw it in to
the seat and press the seat down, and you will get four marker in the floor.
You may use
some tape on the floor for easier marking.
Goran