[DeTomaso] Lay down rad

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 14:19:32 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/13/08 12:03:53 AM, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> I don't think you want to lay down the radiator if you intend mount the AC
> condensor up front. As it is, you need to remove the stock fan brackets to
> accomodate the lay-down arrangement, so I don't think you'll have room for the
> condensor. I'm sure others who have done this mod will chime in with their
> experiences.

True, if you decide to use a stock AC condenser which is quite bulky for the
job it does. I used an aluminum condenser from a Toyota pickup thats the same
length & width as a Pantera's, but 1/3 the thickness, 1/2 the weight and works
the same while being easier to mount. With that condenser, it fits up front
together with an aluminum Fluidyne laid fwd as far as is possible. The other
option is to just not lay the radiator forward quite the maximum amount; the
'kits' are simple enough that anyone can modify the lay-down angle with a hand
drill in as few minutes. Then the stock condenser fits fine up front and you
still have some access to the back of the radiator for maintenence. Good luck- J
Deryke