[DeTomaso] Lay down rad

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 21:50:41 EDT 2008

In a message dated 6/12/08 18 01 7, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> My new "old" car is overheating and I'm going to get the rad recored. I
> might as well modify it so it will accomodate the future front condensor. Do any
> of the vendors sell a mod kit to accomplish this? If so, are they worth it?
> I remember reading that the front gets moved forward but the bottom gets
> moved back so the hood can still close. Anyone have some dimensions for me? Tips?
> Advice?

You're not talking about modifying the radiator.   The lay-down kit just
changes how the stock-style radiator bolts into the car.   It consists of a pair
of stainless steel bottom mounts, which are secured through the hole where the
pegs in the radiator normally go.   The new mount relocates this up and back.
 Up top, a pair of stainless steel straps attach to the body, and the
radiator in the stock manner and tilt the top of the radiator forward about six
inches.

I've installed several of these that came from Precision ProFormance; they're
great, and not terribly expensive.   You will have to have sucker radiator
fans of course....