[DeTomaso] Weirdness with my Cleveland ...

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 00:44:26 EDT 2008

I'm happy with my:

Mallory Unilite - with vacuum advance
With Pertronix conversion (don't leave home w/out it)
With double-pinned gear (yes - the brand new one sheared - but only when the oil pump sucked up timing chain plastic debris)

I like the advance curve on the Mallory.
I like that it is a small diameter design.
The LED went out on me - I had to be towed.  The pertronix conversion was easy and is super reliable.

If I were buying one all over again, I'd consider the small diameter MSD that Mikey mentioned.  Either that or another Mallory Unilite, just like I have right now.

Will.