[DeTomaso] Barrett Jackson

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 13:10:45 EST 2008

In a message dated 1/16/08 7:54:08 PM, hoppe1 at cox.net writes:

> At the time 1995 I had a 1971 429 cj mustang mach 1, the 1971 429 cj torino
> cobra and the 1971 pantera.  I kept the pantera.  Which I still like more
> but is worth less than either car.  Amazing.

Anyone who expects to make money on neat cars deserves what they get.... Judy
& I had one friend who sold a Ferrari 330 at a loss in order the buy a
brand-new '71 Pantera. Decades later he sold the Pantera- again at a loss to buy a
Scarab (a Chev-powered Datsun 240Z). After driving it for awhile, he sold the
Scarab to buy a Chev powered Cobra kit.   Not long after, he GAVE the kit car
to his son. Who later died of brain cancer and the kit went away in his estate.
So in a sense, our acquaintence 'gave away' the Ferrari. But he did have lots
of fun-use from all of them which has to be worth something. FWIW- J DeRyke