[DeTomaso] Cutting chrome tips

Douglas Kelm dakelm at qwest.net
Sat Jan 12 03:46:52 EST 2008

William,

Your problem is you are running L style mufflers on a Pre-L car. The Mind
Train mufflers for a Pre-L car have straight (aligned with the muffler
body), not angled down tips and they are not as long. If it were me (which
it obviously is NOT), I would try to swap mufflers for the correct style, or
sell yours outright and buy the correct style, rather than hack up a
perfectly good set of mufflers. After you cut through the plating on the
tips, the tips will be prone to rust and peel, maybe not right away, but
eventually. I had Mind Train mufflers (the right ones) on my Pre-L (see car
number 2886 in Chuck's registry) and they looked and sounded great!

Doug Klein