[DeTomaso] Fast File Transfers NPC

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 03:31:18 EST 2008

Bill -
One thing to remember is that most Internet connections are asymetrical -
the upload speed is significantly slower than download speed. At home, for
example, my download speed is 4x my upload speed. I guess that this is
because the ratio of data uploaded to downloaded is roughly in that
proportion. We send a quick command to a website - "download me this file",
and then the website has to download a bunch of graphics and other large
files. So the need to upload quickly is really not so great.

I mention this so that you are aware that if it takes you 30 minutes to
upload a file, your friend may need significantly less time to download the
file.

To send large files I use a website called www.yousendit.com. I use it to
send large videos, hundreds of zipped photos, etc. It works for me...