[DeTomaso] Fast File Transfers NPC

Mark McWhinney msm at portata.com
Fri Jan 4 02:04:08 EST 2008

kbps = kilo bits per sec

Is the 500 kbps upload or download speed?

There is a lot more that governs your total speed than just your local
connection speed.

34 minutes for a 16 MB file is way too slow even for AOL.  On the other
hand, does it really matter for this one time transfer?  Just hit the send
button then go do something else while it runs on its own.