[DeTomaso] allowing detroit to fail

Jim Hendrickson chendric at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 10 16:16:44 EST 2008

Garth wrote:

"On the lighter side...

"The Mustang Ranch and the $750 billion bail-out"

Back in 1990, the US Government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada
for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it.

They failed and it closed. Now, we are trusting the economy of our country
and 850+ Billion Dollars to a pack of nit-wits who couldn't make money
running a whore house and selling booze.

Now if that doesn't make you nervous, what does?!"

The only explanation I can think of is they tried to run it by hand until
they could find the lowest bidder to contract the labor.