[DeTomaso] GTS

www.ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 00:57:30 EDT 2007

For years we all thought there were only 98 US GTS Panteras imported; the
true figure is exactly 150 (people forgot to count the 52 that were imported
for
California only).

Mike Drew

Mike how do you get "exactly", exactly? (grin)

Hmmmm....  I've been entering (USA) GTS cars for a while.  More cars need to
be added to the Registry before I can provide any supporting evidence.

I suspect it is more than the 98 (for sure) and likely more than 130.
I have not added what I have so far, and I know I am not done, as Bill
Milburn has promised to send me the GTS data he has.

So if you have a USA GTS, (GT in the VIN a la THGT??0????) contact me.

Remember we are only talking about the USA cars at the moment.  The GTS was
a model designator used for a longer time in non-USA destined cars.  Some
had a GTS emblem, others did not.  The model features varied from just a GTS
emblem (Yea go figure - grin) to a GT5 that got the wrong emblem probably,
as the GT5 and GTS emblems are very close looking.
If you walked into the DeTomaso factory with cash you could order just about
anything.  Now that is customer service!  Wish we could still do that (for
new cars) now.

Chuck

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:56 AM