[DeTomaso] GTS

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 01:24:52 EDT 2007

In a message dated 9/12/07 21 57 34, Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Mike how do you get "exactly", exactly? (grin)
>
>>>I got the data from Bill Milburn (but unfortunately I've lost it
somewhere).

> >Hmmmm....  I've been entering (USA) GTS cars for a while.  More cars need
> be added to the Registry before I can provide any supporting evidence.
>
>>>The key is the Body Service Number (BSN).
>
> I suspect it is more than the 98 (for sure) and likely more than 130.
> I have not added what I have so far, and I know I am not done, as Bill
> Milburn has promised to send me the GTS data he has.
>
>>>I asked him to send it to me again (for you) at least a year ago, but
nothing yet.   But his proof was fairly conclusive; he had found something like
125+ of the 150 cars.   The US GTS had a discrete BSN which started with a "3"
instead of a "5".   The BSN range he had went from something like 30002 to
30147 or something like that, and there was a very close correlation between BSN
sequence and VIN sequence.

Amazingly, some Pantera vendors who have 'restored' US-model GTS Panteras
have removed and discarded the BSN tag! :<(

Bill also had lots of Ford internal documentation including several that
stated that the US GTS program consisted of 150 cars.

> >So if you have a USA GTS, (GT in the VIN a la THGT??0????) contact me.
>
>>>Or, ANY Pantera for that matter. :>)
>
> Remember we are only talking about the USA cars at the moment.  The GTS was
> a model designator used for a longer time in non-USA destined cars.  Some
> had a GTS emblem, others did not.  The model features varied from just a GTS
> emblem (Yea go figure - grin) to a GT5 that got the wrong emblem probably,
> as the GT5 and GTS emblems are very close looking.
>
>>>More than close-looking--they are the same.   Strictly speaking there is
no "GT5" emblem.   The GT5 and GT5-S were varients on the GTS theme, and all
three cars got the same GTS badge.   It's part 22019A, GTS-GT5 Emblem 1 1/4" x 3
3/8".