[DeTomaso] Size for half shaft bolts washers

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Fri Oct 26 05:17:09 EDT 2007

MikeLDrew at aol.com skrev:
> In a message dated 10/25/07 1:22:47 PM, red3644 at hotmail.com writes:
>

>> I'm putting 1/2 shafts back in later.  I found the new nuts and bolts I
>> bought but have lost the washers.
>> Now I can't visualize what I had on the other cars.  The stock and AN bolts
>> fit so tight in the flanges that I
>> don't think a washer is needed there although I probably used one before.
>> I'm thinking just a flat thin washer
>> under the NyLock nuts would do.  7/16-20 size washers?  Thanks.
>>

> The stock setup didn't use washers at all.   Due to tight clearances, it's
> likely that a washer would hit somewhere and would have to be relieved anyway.

The European spares catalog shows washers, and my car had washers
similar to this:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/04-00859.php

and the catalog shows this type as well.

I have since replaced the nuts and washers with these:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ARP%2D300%2D8333&N=700+0&autoview=sku

and a dab of loctite.

> Mike

Thomas