[DeTomaso] NEED SOURCE FOR 180 DEGREE HEADERS FABRICATION

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 17:00:41 EDT 2007

DAN
  IF I can get the new set of 180's fabricated and on the engine by December or January I will donate my old 180's for testing if you are going to use a set of 302B heads.
  MD

Daniel C Jones <daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com> wrote:
  > Has anyone ever dynoed an engine with a GOOD set of headers and a set of
> 180's just to see the difference (no other changes).

If they will fit over our dyno, that is one of the planned tests for the
dyno project. Larry (in Cleveland) is providing the 180 headers that
Kirk borrowed for his dyno test. I think they made the best power in
that test but I don't have the details. In my own dyno tests, header
differences have been far out-weighed by muffler differences. There's
a possibility we'll have two 180 versus 4-into-1 header tests, one on a
351C-4V and one on an IR EFI 416 aluminum SVO motor with C3H raised port
Yate heads. With the 351C-4V engine, it will be a 3 way test with 180 Pantera
headers, Pantera GTS headers and Mustang long tube headers. Vizard's
testing indicates 180's can make more power but are much more sensitive
to equal length than bank separated 4-into-1 headers. I'd like to also
test a true set of tri-y headers (not just the tri-y collector of the
GTS headers) but have not yet come up with a set of those.

Speaking of the dyno project, I have set up a separate bank account
and a Pay Pal account to accept donations electronically. Pay Pal
said it will take 3 to 5 days to verify the account. I'm heading
out of town for a few days on personal business and will post an
update on the dyno project and send the Pay Pal info to those who
request it then.

Dan Jones