[DeTomaso] '71 Cut Chassis for Sale

www.ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 9 18:38:18 EDT 2007

  Guys, and Gals, I have to admit that I feel like an idiot that I cannot
find the vin #s.  I've crawled all around the vehicle with the plethora of
hints you have given me.

Chris,

Attached is a photo to show you where the footbox VIN can be found.
Note it this example the numbers are rather obscured due to rust etc...
I intentionally used this one as an example.

This is the space between where the brake booster "would be" on your car,
and the cowl (or windshield), on the driver's side.

This car is missing the large VIN plate that goes over this stamping.
The footbox VIN is hand stamped into the metal.  Then an ID plate is riveted
over, with the number showing thru a hole/window in the plate.  The plate
also has the motor number stamped just below this window.

Steel wool should easily bring back the number.

You should see DETOMASO 874 * (that is a STAR) then THPNXX0NNNN * (Star)

XX is the two letter month/year code, and NNNN is the 4 digit short VIN
typically mentioned.

See my VIN Decoder at:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/TechInfo/VINDecoder.asp

for a breakdown of the code.