[DeTomaso] Any DC motor controller guys out there?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 17:05:10 EDT 2007

I bought a mondo electric fuel pump and would like to run an open loop control using my ECU.  I'll still have a fuel pressure regulator, so I just need to have more gas pumped than I need.  I asked Aeromotive, and all they would say was that if you drop the voltage below 12 volts, the current will rise and cook the wires and the motor.  They do make a solid state controller, but it's pretty much a black box.

  I assume there are ways to provide power to the motor to control it to some extent because Aeromotive makes the controllers for their larger pumps.

  This particular pump can not (according to Aeromotive) be continiously operated at full power.

  Any suggestions?

  thanks,

  Ken