[DeTomaso] Mech vs electric oil pressure gauges

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 7 17:05:22 EDT 2007

Charlie,

      They look identical, I just want to use a set of matching gauges and already bought a speedo and fuel pressure gauge and am picking the rest.  For some reason, the electric gauges costs 4 times more than the mechanical gauge from the same series, specifically I'm looking at full sweep gauges and it looks like the electric full sweep gauges in particular are a lot more $s.  I would be very happy to use the mechanical oil pressure gauge as long as there are no safety or accuracy issues.

  Ken

Charles McCall <charlesmccall at gmail.com> wrote:
  Do you want your gauge to look pretty or be accurate? The advantage of the
mechancial gauge is that it will more likely give you a true reading.

I suppose an aftermarket electric gauge and matched sender might be more
accurate that the stock gauge and sender, but I have a significant
difference between the reading on my mechanical and my stock gauge.