[DeTomaso] CR, Detonation, and water injection

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:56:48 EDT 2007

See if you can get a picture of the 74cc chambers.  If they left a decent
quench pad, you can zero deck the block and use the headgasket to set the
quench distance.  That will increase your compression but will actually
be less likely to detonate (assuming the quench pad is still there.
I'll need to run the numbers to see what the compression difference to
be able to make a guess at the power difference.  Alternatively, you can
see if they will let you change the order on the heads and then have your
pistons machined with a d-dish.

Dan