[DeTomaso] CR, Detonation, and water injection

Art Stephens artstephens at charter.net
Thu Oct 4 00:31:03 EDT 2007

Dan,

   Knowing what I think I know now,  it sounds like I should have ordered,
my new heads with small combustion chambers,  dished pistons and a zero deck
block?  I already have my forged Scat rotating assembly with flat top
pistons for the new 408 stroker.  I have ordered my CHI 3V heads with the
large 74cc chambers and the plan is to have the piston .035 in the hole to
keep the CR down to 10.0:1.  How much do you think this will hurt me from a
power and detonation resistance stand point?

Art