[DeTomaso] Wheel bearing issues - edited to where it makes a little sense

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 18:07:57 EDT 2007

Fred, what a garble de goop message.  Sorry about that.

It should have read as follows:

Fred, you are right when you talk about acceptable.  Both preload and
end play techniques work.

Timken told me it is a matter of skill and mostly the time available
that should guide folks in determining which technique to use.

In my prior discussions with the Timken techs when I was designing my
axle conversion, they said they don't push the preload technique for
general use for the reason I gave.  The end play technique provides
"acceptable " results.  The preload technique is preferred but not for
general use.

Dick Koch - Atlanta