[DeTomaso] Minimum Battery Size?

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:41:14 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, JDeRyke at aol.com <JDeRyke at aol.com> wrote:

> Remember if you have a dropped battery, the absolute max width battery you
> can use is 7-3/8" since thats about all the wider the hole in the front
> trunk
> floor can be enlarged. If you still use the std battery mount, about any
> size
> will work as long as the negative terminal is covered so the hood doesn't
> touch.

I can't help thinking about that lithium-ion battery.  Not only is it less
than 7" wide (actually, less than 7" long, too) it's light enough to put
back in the engine compartment by the solenoid.  Just build a little bucket
for it and bolt up the lugs.  It's less than the price of a carbon fiber
deck lid, but if I'm looking for weight savings by throwing money at a
problem...

Tantalizing.  I should probably spend my money on an A/C retrofit instead,
though.  Where are my priorities?!?!?  MD is gonna call me out as a pansy ;)

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '71 Pantera #1382