[DeTomaso] the first day (NUTS!)Wheel bearings

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Oct 1 20:00:11 EDT 2007

In a message dated 10/1/07 11 51 35, guson at home.se writes:

> The setup is normally such that the nut loosens with forward direction
> wheel rotation which indicates that your car has a RH thread on the left spindle,
> correct?

Actually, the setup is normally that the nut TIGHTENS with forward motion.
The right side has standard threads, the left side has reverse threads.

My Cobra's knock-off hubs are set up exactly opposite to this.

Could it be that when my car was reassembled the spindles were switched
side-to-side?   Seems highly unlikely....