[DeTomaso] Oil from PCV

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 19:10:16 EDT 2007

If you pull the PVC hose out of the valve cover, you should see some kind of sheet metal.  If you see rocker arms or the head, there may be something missing.

  Ken

Fredrik Gustavsson <pantera at kommevalla.se> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                I’m using the cast valve covers with the DeTomaso logo. I don’t remember hove they looked inside.

---------------------------------

    Is there anything inside the valve cover to block oil from entering the PVC line?  I think some valve covers have a metal plate or some other baffle to keep oil out of the line, but some after market valve covers don't have anything inside.

    Ken

Fredrik Gustavsson <pantera at kommevalla.se> wrote:

    When starting up the engine after the EFI installation some oil is coming
thru the PCV valve into the plenum. I have attached the hose from the PCV to
a connection after the throttle blade and the hose from the other valve
cover to a connection before the throttle blade. The PCV is working as it
should. Is there any way to prevent this from happen?

Fredrik Gustavsson

THGTPS07217