[DeTomaso] [resend] Shock removal

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 29 12:36:43 EDT 2007

There's probably some tension on the shock, but I don't remember needing to
remove the tension by jacking up on the lower a-arm.  Once the bolts are
removed, you should be able to pry the shock mounts out.

Once they're out of the mount, they snake out pretty easily.

You should disconnect the sway bar.

Changing the bushings is a non-fun dirty job.  The biggest pain is removing
the old ones.  The new bushings go in pretty easy.  If I were to do it all
over again, I'd do the a-arm exchange program.  I think the Byers were
advertising that a while back, but I bet Quella would do it too.  I don't
know about the other vendors.

I did mine myself.  I had the a-arms cleaned at a machine shop and painted
them.  I used Quella's hard poly bushings.  I like 'em a lot.  Pantera East
is supposed to have good bushings too.  I wouldn't even consider putting
stock rubber bushings back in - but that's just me.

Will.