[DeTomaso] [resend] Shock removal

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Jul 29 13:32:05 EDT 2007

Asa Jay

Try loosening the mounting bolts for the upper and lower A arms to relieve
any possible binding there, then unbolt the sway bar to allow a little more
swing.

When I removed my stock front coil-overs, I recall that once I had as much
extension in the suspension as I could get, I removed the nut and tapped out
the bolt at the top of the shock, which allowed it to extend up into the
pocket a little more, I was able to remove the lower bolt and with a pry bar
pull the bottom of the coil-over out of the pocket in the lower A arm.
Depending on how tightly bolted the lower had been, this can be a process
due to the combined clamping forces from the A arm and the lower ball joint.

Good luck
Mike Thomas