[DeTomaso] vacuum line schematics

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sun Jul 22 16:54:29 EDT 2007

Art,

The PCV is to remove blowby from the crankcase and burn it in the  engine.

In olden times, cars had a tube from the crankcase to the bottom of  the
chassis. The end of the tube was cut with an upward slope to the rear. As  the car
traveled down the road, air flowing over the tapered cut on the tube  created
a slight vacuum which pulled vapors from the crankcase and dumped them  into
the atmosphere. Often as much smoke came from the tube as came from the
exhaust pipe.

I know about that because I had one those dual  smokers.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com