[DeTomaso] vacuum line schematics

F&D Terry gt5s at bcpl.net
Mon Jul 23 08:03:39 EDT 2007

As a matter of interest, PVC systems go back at least to '54. I have a
'54 Chevy shop manual that mentions servicing of the PVC system by
disassembling the valve and washing it in solvent. Not all Chevies were
so equipped but some models must have been.

Shady used car dealers of the same era sometimes made use of a heater
hose that they connected to the draft tube Bill mentions. They then
connected the other end to the air cleaner. This was done in an effort
to minimize the smoke from the junker, turning it into a one owner
driven by a dear old lady to church. Most air cleaners were of the oil
bath type so I guess it didn't matter.

Fred T.