[DeTomaso] vacuum line schematics

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Mon Jul 23 11:37:14 EDT 2007

Since the PCV system is a continuous calibrated leak, it will lean out the
mixture if not compensated for by jetting and idle mixture control.  It's
best not to connect it to the manifold ports that are at the top front and
top rear of our dual plane manifolds because these points only feed two of
the eight cylinders which will lean those two cylinders out.  It's best to
take the PCV vacuum from a point that is common to both intake banks which
is only possible at the carb baseplate.  Most all Holleys have such a port
and I believe there are carb spacers available that provide a PCV vacuum
port.  You can also make one yourself by drilling a phenolic carb spacer to
access both banks equally and adding a fitting to its front or rear.  This
way the leak caused by the PCV vacuum draw will automatically get
compensated for when you properly set your idle mixture screws and pick your
main jet sizes.

BTW, connecting the power brake vacuum to one of the manifold ports is OK
because the power brake booster only draws it's greatest vacuum while
braking and it's need for vacuum quickly drops to zero as you get back on
the gas after a stop (that is unless your booster has a leak which will
cause the two cylinder lean-out problem I mentioned above).

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505