[DeTomaso] Just when I thought it was safe to go back in thewater...

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Jul 8 18:23:54 EDT 2007

OK--I hear the zip-tie message loud and clear!

By the way, today I switched out the in-line fuse connectors I was using
from the relays to the fan motors and replaced them with heavier-duty
blade-type fuse holders with 30 amp fuses, and I connected a third relay for
the third fan.  Although I didn't have time to run the car for long, all
three fans worked fine for five minutes or so and I didn't detect any warmth
from the fuse holders, as I did when I was using the standard, glass-type in
line fuses.

The radiator started dripping, of course, but not much fluid leaked out
before I turned off the car.  A few minutes later the dripping virutally
stopped.  I put a pan under the radiator, and probably less than an ounce or
two is all that dripped out.

So maybe I have the fan relay thing figured out.  Now I just have to get my
radiator fixed, and while it's out I'll attend to those brackets...  Of
course, this precluded me taking the car to the aligmnent shop on Monday to
get the steering knucle replaced.

Thanks again guys.

Chris