[DeTomaso] New Year, New ORR ... New Belts

Michael Shortt michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 19:09:22 EST 2007

I know what you mean about the duckbill sticking, my new G-Force belts
do that now....but
I trust the strength of the duckbill system more than a cam lock.
Having said that, I raced for years with a Willans rotating lever cam
lock which was super easy to bail out with the two times I needed to
do that quickly (45 Webers somehow filled foam type "filters" with
race gas (burped) and it caught it on fire once and one excursion that
involved ending up balanced on top of a tire wall).  I guess I think
more about strength since the whole Dale Earnhardt thing (cut, broken,
poorly mounted...doesn't really matter which one, dead is dead) and
the fact that my car has no roll bar and the realization that it's a
sardine can if something really bad were to happen).

Round-about answer.

Michael in Savannah