[DeTomaso] New Year, New ORR ... New Belts

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 00:36:32 EST 2007

Did someone say fire?!

  Old school latch & link will work or the new style rotary camlock

  I'm glad you're coming back. You had a hellva great rookie run.

  P.S. Don't cut off the belt cert dates! ;-]>

  MD

Jason Eaton <jason.eaton at gmail.com> wrote:
  At last year's ORR my shoulder straps were rejected because they were
2.5" not the 3" required.

I'm looking at new belts this year and want any feedback on the
"camlock" system used in the newer belts. My "duckbill" and "latch"
system sticks and I would hate to be in the car on fire when this
happens.

There are apparently three different "cam locks", the "lever flip",
the "knob", and the "lever rotating" kind.

http://www.safequipracingproducts.com/driver_restraint_systems.htm#kamlock0

Which is best?