[DeTomaso] any ideas?

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Wed Dec 26 10:26:00 EST 2007

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] På
vegne av dyogi
Sendt: 24. desember 2007 22:36
Til: detomaso at realbig.com
Emne: [DeTomaso] any ideas?

Adding more information to the problem:

SoBill suggested that when the engine was starting to die, to manually add
fuel to the carburetor and if it improved its running the cause was likely a
clogged idle circuit.  I sprayed carburetor cleaner when the engine started
to die and sure enough the idle returned without touching the throttle or
anything else.  Can a clogged idle circuit cause my problem when the engine
is warmed up and not when cold?  A lot of people suggested vacuum leaks but
I have a steady 15hg cold or warm.  Thanks guys, we're getting closer!

Aloha,
Dennis

>>>Dennis,

Yes it can be a idle circuit with dirth that clogg the small passages now
and then.The reason the engine is running until varm,could be that the choke
system provide fuel in the beginning.Good Luck :)

Øyvind Bakken