[DeTomaso] any ideas?

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Dec 24 16:35:32 EST 2007

Adding more information to the problem:

SoBill suggested that when the engine was starting to die, to manually add
fuel to the carburetor and if it improved its running the cause was likely a
clogged idle circuit.  I sprayed carburetor cleaner when the engine started
to die and sure enough the idle returned without touching the throttle or
anything else.  Can a clogged idle circuit cause my problem when the engine
is warmed up and not when cold?  A lot of people suggested vacuum leaks but
I have a steady 15hg cold or warm.  Thanks guys, we're getting closer!

Aloha,

Dennis