[DeTomaso] help with disassembled heater on/off switch

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Dec 10 10:51:23 EST 2007

That's probably the route I'll take, or I might try to replace the whole thing with a modern one.

Thanks,

Chris
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:40:25 -0500
From: cengles at cox.net
To: chrisvkimball at msn.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] help with disassembled heater on/off switch

        Dear Chris,

        Ackk! I am sorry that you seem to have such an early and/or oddball
        valve. I guess the directions for overhaul weren't too applicable.

        When I overhauled mine, I was lucky enough to find the rubber washer
        at the local hardware store.

        Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

        ---- Christopher Kimball <chrisvkimball at msn.com> wrote:

>Well, I followed all the directions on how to take out the heater on/off
        valve assembly, but once out it turns out it is nothing like the
        pictures or directions I received!

>I have a little angled
        rod that attaches to a plastic plunger inside. The entire assembly has
        a total of three rubber rings (or grommets). The one that leaks is the
        one through which the rod moves in and out, and is pressure fitted
        inside the brass fitting (I removed it after a little pulling). It's
        shaped kind of "cup like" in the sense it's cylindrical, but has an
        extended cylindrical lip on the inside, too. I can't believe that
        little rubber thing is supposed to contain all the pressure of the
        cooling system!

>Anyway, anyone know where I could get a
        rebuild kit with three new rubber pieces?

        Now Available at http://www.realbig.com/detomaso/

>DeTomaso
        mailing list