[DeTomaso] help with disassembled heater on/off switch

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Dec 9 20:28:26 EST 2007

Well, I followed all the directions on how to take out the heater on/off valve assembly, but once out it turns out it is nothing like the pictures or directions I received!

I have a little angled rod that attaches to a plastic plunger inside.  The entire assembly has a total of three rubber rings (or grommets).  The one that leaks is the one through which the rod moves in and out, and is pressure fitted inside the brass fitting (I removed it after a little pulling).  It's shaped kind of "cup like" in the sense it's cylindrical, but has an extended cylindrical lip on the inside, too.  I can't believe that little rubber thing is supposed to contain all the pressure of the cooling system!

Anyway, anyone know where I could get a rebuild kit with three new rubber pieces?

Thanks,

Chris